Health care and life sciences companies increasingly operate in a digital environment. McDermott Will & Emery is hosting a complimentary four-part webinar series to explore the practical business considerations and to simplify the regulatory complexity of digital health, including health information technology (IT), big data, mobile health and telehealth.
Big Data Part I: Data-Driven Life Sciences Innovation, Personalized Medicine and Research
Date: Tuesday, December 9
Time: 12:00 – 1:30 pm EST
Data-driven solutions are a powerful tool for the life sciences sector and research community. This program will explore how life sciences companies, research institutions, providers and informatics businesses can successfully navigate the regulatory landscape for big data to develop, introduce and differentiate products. The following key questions, among others, will be addressed:
- Overview of Regulatory Framework — How can big data initiatives be structured to comply with key federal laws?
- Data Registry Creation and Management — What are the data stewardship and data governance considerations?
- Emerging Partnerships — What is the role of the government and industry for data initiatives in the life sciences?
- Personalized Medicine — How is data used to deliver personalized medicine at the bedside?
- Biospecimens — How does the introduction of annotated biospecimens affect the big data landscape?
- Genomic Age – What does it mean to engage in big data initiatives in an age of genomic medicine?
Amy Hooper Kearbey, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
Matthew Hawryluk, Ph.D., Senior Director, Corporate & Business Development, Foundation Medicine, Inc.
Jennifer C. King, Ph.D., Director of Data Governance for CancerLinQ, American Society of Clinical Oncologists
Sari Heller Ratican, Chief Privacy Officer, Amgen
Jennifer S. Geetter, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THESE UPCOMING WEBINARS!
- WEBINAR THREE: Big Data Part 2: Data-Driven Changes to Payment Models, January 13, 2015
- WEBINAR FOUR: Mobile Health & Telehealth: Mobile and Telehealth Technology Create New Business Opportunities, February 10, 2015
Click here to view WEBINAR ONE: Health IT: Collection, analysis and sharing of health information
For more information, please contact McDermott Events.